Hello Property investors,
Welcome to MKPM website. Ranjan Bhattacharya is the speaker at MK Property Meet on Tuesday, 9th January 2018. He is going to talk on the topic “Your 5 year survival plan”
About Ranjan Bhattacharya
Ranjan Bhattacharya is a seasoned property investor and developer who over the last 25 years has built an extensive portfolio of residential and commercial property in London.He is considered to be one of the UK’s leading Property Experts who is regularly asked for comment by press and media on the property investment market. He is a sought after public speaker, advisor to Channel 4’s Property Ladder and author of the best-selling ‘Build Your Property Empire – Home Study Course’.
Ranjan bought his first investment property in 1991 having just graduated from University. With no cash of his own, he had no choice but to structure the deal to be a no money down purchase. Ever since buying income generating property with little money down, has been the ‘corner-stone’ of his investment strategy.
He continued investing in property through the 1990’s as a ‘side-line’ to his career in the City as a Management Consultant with Accenture and taking a career break to study for an MBA at the Cranfield School Of Management.
In 2001, despite loving his day-job, Ranjan quit to setup his property company which focuses on developing residential and commercial property for rental.
Ranjan has always been at the forefront of new ideas and strategic thinking when it comes to property investment. In fact Ranjan started researching and preparing to corporatise his property business at the begining of 2014. This was because corporatisation of a property business provides many non-tax related advantages and facilitates growth.
When the sweeping changes to property taxation were announced in the summer budget 2015, Ranjan found himself with a considerable head start in terms of his understanding of the issues and of the process of incorporating a property business.
In September 2015 he published a free 48 page report titled, ‘The Property Investors Budget Survival Guide’ and toured the country giving talks at networking events to raise awareness among property investors. His report has been downloaded by more than 6700 property investors and professional advisers.
Ranjan has spent over 200 hours in meetings with 79 different professionals in a mission to seek out the best advice on how to address theses new challenges. He has consulted with Accountants, Strategic Tax Planning Consultants, Tax Barristers, Property Lawyers, Lenders and other property investors in his extensive research.
The key point he has discovered is that you will need help from several different professional service disciplines to arrive at suitable solutions.
Ranjan lives happily in Rickmansworth with his wife Shalini and three teenage daughters.
Ranjan Bhattacharya, Summary CV
- Former 10 year Management Consulting Career working for Accenture & CSC Index
- MBA Cranfield School Of Management
- First investment property purchased 25 years ago in 1991
- Develop-to-let investor across Islington, Camden and other parts of North & North West London
- Partner in Fab Lets, residential lettings & management firm
- Full-time in property since 2001
- Regular speaker at ExCel, Property Investors Show since 2003
- Running Property Investors Workshops since 2004
- Adviser to Channel 4’s ‘Property Ladder’
- Mentored more than 1500 property investors
- Author of the Build Your Property Empire Home Study Course which sold over 15,000 copies
- Founder Baker Street Property Meet where 120 property investors meet each month
- Part of the judging panel for the UK Property Investors Awards